Kodeco Forums

Announcing the Advanced Swift Spring Fling!

We’re excited to announce the launch of three new books — and you can take advantage of our new Advanced Swift Spring book bundle!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/59-announcing-the-advanced-swift-spring-fling

What I’d l’m most excited about this new bundle is that I’m teaching my 11 yr old daughter to program. She’s a fast learner and will eventually want more advanced materials. For me it will be a refresher but in Swift. I also want to learn how to develop in a more Swifty way! :slight_smile: Thanks!

With me, “Design Pattern by Tutorials” is most interesting in 3 new books. Hopefully I will learn something new from it :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

What are you most excited about in our new book lineup?
It’s simple amazing, I followed the video courses about Design Patterns and Realm and now I’m so curious to discover new things about these topics.
Thank you to all staff of Ray Wenderlich for to make always great stuff

This is a nice addition to other Swift books.
What I believe is special about these 3 books is that they will teach you something you can’t learn on your own or you have to spend a lot of time digging through codes. :slightly_smiling_face: It’s like a spin-off series, I’m sure contents are great pilot episodes :smile:

Wow. Amazing!
Everything you & your team makes is perfect!

I’m mostly looking forward to the Realm book. Not so happy with Core Data, and heard a lot of good reviews of Realm!

Most excited to finally put my hands on Algorithms and Data Structures! But now when I see them all three books are must have for an iOS developer.

As soon as I saw your post on the RWDevCon 2018 post-mortem and saw there were books on algorithms and design I have been semi-patiently waiting for them. In looking at this article, both Data Structures and Algorithms in Swift and Design Patterns by Tutorials have me even more excited. I’m interested the Realm book, but haven’t worked a lot with Core Data yet to know if I like it or not.

I’m most exited for the Realm database book. I’m a SQL Server DBA/Mgr by day. I’m learning iOS and Swift as a new adventure. I’ve heard a lot about Realm and I’m very interested in learning some exciting new ways to store data.

Giveaway, giveaway! :slight_smile:

It’s simple informative and highly readable. Also, “Realm: Building Modern Swift Apps with Realm Database” is most interesting in 3 new books

I’m excited about filling the gaps in my knowledge of iOS development by these 3 new books. You guys rock!!!

For me the most interesting books will be “Design Patterns” and “Algorithms and Data Structure”. I think these two ones must be the most valuable and useful for any developer despite what language or platform he/she uses on everyday basis. And I will be happy if I get this bundle. :smiley:

I’m most excited about Design Patterns by Tutorials. I’ve read the Gang of Four, but having some reference implementations in Swift gives you a head start for implementing them in your own Swift applications. :grin:

Definitely excited about all 3 of these books but if I had to pick just one I’d probably go with Data Structures and Algorithms in Swift. Looking forward to the sample chapters!

I am most excited for the Algorithms book! I get to learn some theory in my favourite programming language!

I’m most excited about the Realm book and knowing Marin Todorov is the author I know it will be amazing. I’ve started to look into Realm and know that this book would really help boost my understanding.

What I am most excited about is all of them. Each book provides different skills that are needed to level up as a developer as well as cover topics that are becoming more common in the workplace today.

The exciting thing about these books is that they offer insight into new paths and ways to apply advanced concepts. This is the opportunity to be able to become even more proficient at architecting sophisticated apps in Swift!

I am most exited for the “Data Structures and Algorithms in Swift” book because I have almost finished my study an the book can help me for passing the coding interview and get my dream’s job as iOS software engineer.