Your First iOS & SwiftUI App: Polishing the App | raywenderlich.com

This course is the sequel to “Your First iOS & SwiftUI App: An App from Scratch.” In this course, we’ll finish off our “nice-to-haves” on our programming to-do list for Bull’s Eye, resulting in a professional and polished app.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/28797859-your-first-ios-swiftui-app-polishing-the-app

I have noticed, since the upgrade to the Kodeco site that the code in the transcripts no longer displays. There’s a switch at the side to show the code but it doesn’t do anything.

I had (a while ago) done a screen capture of some of the transcripts and they automatically displayed the code without the need for a switch.

I’m using Safari 16.2 on an M1 Mac running Ventura 13.1.

The same issue exists when viewing the same transcripts via Safari on my iPad.

Here’s an extract from one of the transcripts (Your First iOS & SwiftUI App: Polishing the App, Episode 3: Colors & Gradients | Kodeco, the new raywenderlich.com)

Here’s the same extract prior to the site makeover:

David

I believe this tutorial needs updating. When I drag in a button from the library it appears as follows:

Button(“Button”) {
Action
}

In the video when a button is dragged in from the library it appears as:

Button(action: Action) {
Content
}

I think I have moved and removed brackets etc every way possible but I can not get it right. I need to add a SF symbol to one button and another I want to put text on. I can get the text part but no luck getting the symbol added. I also can not put action to nothing {} which Ray does as I get an error. Clearly there has been a change with how buttons are handled.

I am working on a macOS Monterey Version 12.6.2.
My xcode is 14.2

I have noticed the same problem. I got around it by following Ray’s code instead of what is downloaded from the Object Library. That works but the tutorial needs updating as you suggest. It will also require the supplied code files to be updated as well.

David

Hey @drparker48 ,

Thanks for reporting the code block issue in transcripts — we have a fix in works, and it should be live soon. Sorry about that!

1 Like

This is one of the things that marks Kodeco out from the rest - we spot an issue - you respond with a fix!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

I don’t see any response from Kodeco on this question to date. So I am adding this note in the hopes that it comes to someone’s attention.

Great to see that the fix has been implemented - many thanks :heart:

1 Like

Hey, sorry for answering one of the issues but not the other — a new version of this course is coming out imminently, so hopefully your issue has been addressed.

Pinging @catie as well, just to double check anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Passing feedback from @victoriafara, “The course is very interesting and easy to follow along, I’m loving. However, the Part 2, Episode 19 the Challenge Time is with the incorrect slide. “Create a restart method” instead of “Draw the Rings challenge”.” I did not immediately spot the mistake, maybe another pair of eyes can?