Your First iOS & SwiftUI App: Polishing the App, Episode 6: Extract Views | Kodeco

Learn how to keep your SwiftUI code clean and organized by extracting your views.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.kodeco.com/38052670-your-first-ios-swiftui-app-polishing-the-app/lessons/6

Hello Catie or whoever may be reading this, Iโ€™m having an issue at the very end of this particular video. As far as I can tell my code is identical to whatโ€™s in the video (aside from a different choice in bullseye icons) as well as everywhere else in the project to the best of my investigative abilities, but Iโ€™m getting these errors that prevent the project from being built. Iโ€™d like to move on to the next step but I canโ€™t get much done without the ability to preview and build the project. Anyone have an idea of what the issue is? I tried clicking through the errors and auto fixing but the results looked much different than the example code and also did not solve the problem

Hi! It looks the problem is on this line:

var body: some view {

Because Swift is case sensitive, you need to capitalize the type View.

2 Likes

I could have sworn it was typed that way in the lesson but I tend to do this at 5 in the morning. Thank you so much for your videos, on to the next one

1 Like