What's the difference between this book and MacOS by Tutorials?

What’s the difference between this book and MacOS by Tutorials?
Thanks,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

macOS by Tutorials assumes a basic knowledge of Swift and SwiftUI. It is aimed at iOS developers who want to use their existing knowledge to help them write Mac apps.

macOS Apprentice doesn’t require any prior knowledge so can be read by a beginner. But even if you have some experience, I think you will find some valuable macOS information in it.

Regards,
Sarah

1 Like

Thanks for the info!
–Patrick

Thanks for the clarification on that. I’m a Windows guy (and always will be due to my freelance work) but I just bought my first Apple machine and wanted to try some development on it. I’m not an official “programmer”, but I’ve built many VBA-enabled custom spreadsheets for customers over the years. I was a little hesitant to buy this book due to the description on the Amazon page, “This book for developers who are new to macOS and SwiftUI who are looking for a step-by-step path to learning.” (The description is missing the “is” after book, btw), so I wasn’t sure if it was really geared toward true developers or more for beginners. Based on the book’s title though, I went ahead and just purchased it. After skimming through it, I think I’ll be fine with the general programming knowledge I have. You may want to clarify that on the Amazon page though if others might hesitate to buy it.

Thanks for pointing put the error on the Amazon page. It’s been corrected now.

For future reference, if you are considering buying a book from Kodeco, you can usually read at least one chapter for free on the Kodeco website. This might help you make your decisions in the future.