What's new in the second edition?

Hello,

Scanning through the available pages (here: Kotlin Multiplatform by Tutorials | Kodeco) I cannot work out what is new in the second edition. I was expecting at least a section in the beginning detailing the differences between the first and second editions. I was very excited to see the second edition at amazon and I ordered it in the hope that the book now adopts compose multiplatform for iOS apps as well as android and desktop (not SwiftUI). My questions are:

• What is new in the second edition?
  • Does the book now show how to use compose multiplatform to build iOS app?

Many thanks

We spent a lot of time updating the chapters to the latest versions and fixing any problems. While Compose Multiplatform support for iOS is still in Alpha, the appendix has a chapter on it: See: Multiplatform

1 Like

Many thanks for your reply and for the fantastic book. This is great for first time buyers of your book, but (for me personally) not enough for those who already own the first edition to invest in the new one.

In my humble opinion, people interested in Kotlin Multiplatform (and therefore, buy your book) are more interested in writing code in Kotlin as much as possible (i.e. more code sharing) and not SwiftUI or any other language.

Unfortunately, I cancelled my amazon order and eagerly look forward to your 3rd edition where - I hope - you fully adopt Compose Multiplatform for iOS.

All the best

1 Like