Watch OS 6 HRV data reading

Hi there!
I’m developing an iOS app with watchOS 6 companion app, that require HRV (Heart Rate Variability) and RR intervals readings from Apple Watch sensor. I’ve tried for days to programatically trigger a HRV reading with no success.
Reading many articles I’ve found that you can access this kind of data from Health, and you can manually trigger an HRV session with the Breath app from watchOS but I can’t find a way to trigger this from within my app.
My goal is to get this kind of data in “realtime” and process it later on backend.
I’ve studied HealthKit classes and methods and it seems there’s nothing that will get me the desired results.
Any of you can help me with some knowledge?
Thanks! have a nice day!

@vladpre92 Do you still have issues with this?

Yeah. I still have an issue with this. For now I can only get the only heart rate from Apple Watch, but what I need it’s the inter-beat (RR) intervals between normal heartbeats.
With WatchOS 6, Apple introduced HKHeartbeatSeriesBuilder and HKHeartbeatSeriesSample concepts, but I can’t find a way to get the RR intervals from Apple Watch sensors.
At this point I’m not sure if these concepts were intended to use with data from third-party external hardware or with Apple Watch too, since I can’t find a way to get this data from the sensors, and Apple documentation on this issue it’s not very helpful.
Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.