Videos VS Books

Hello everyone,
I hesitate between buying “swift apprentice” or taking a subscription.
Is there a difference between the videos “Programming in Swift” and the book?
If I take a subscription do I have access to the books?

Sorry if the subject has already been treated.
Thanking you in advance :slight_smile:

@astro. Thanks very much for your question!

This is a very good question, and the answer really depends on you.

The advantage of buying a book is that you are able to learn a particular topic in depth, right from the beginning. Our books are very hands on, and go through many, many examples to explore the topics in depth so that when you are finished, you will have a strong understanding of the topic, and not just a basic, theoretical approach.

The videos are meant to discuss a topic from a more theoretical approach, and while they too are meant to also be hands on, don’t necessarily have the ability to go as deep into a particular subject as a book. However, the fact that a teacher is speaking to you directly, providing visuals along the way, and explaining the concepts in plain English, helps people understand better than perhaps reading a book.

Another benefit of course is that the subscription is cheaper, which also gives you access to ALL video courses. So while a course in particular may not go to the same depth as a book, you have access to MANY courses, and thus, you’re able to benefit greatly by learning many topics through your subscription, at a lower price. If on the other hand, you’re interested in a particular topic, which you need to know to a deep level, then buying the book is the way to go (which entitles you to a lifetime of updates!). :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

All the best!

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.