Kodeco Forums

Unity 4.3 2D Tutorial: Animation Controllers

Learn how to use animation controllers to move between a state machine of animations in this Unity 4.3 2D tutorial!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/2504-unity-4-3-2d-tutorial-animation-controllers

Great set of tutorials! But I hit a weird thing. Restarting from your saved archive, I made the transition from CatSpawn to CatWiggle in your section “Transitions.” Previewing CatWiggle from within the Animation tab confirms that the cat scales and rotates. But when I press the main Play button in the top-middle of the UI, I see the cat grow (CatSpawn), then pulse in size (thanks to CatWiggle), but there’s no rotational wiggle! In the Animation window, the CatWiggle clip is repeating, as shown by the blue bar that grows rightward each time through the loop. Looking at the data of CatWiggle, the rotate-Z keyframes are there, and the curve looks right - again, if I play that clip using the Play button in the Animation tab it works fine. But when I use the normal Play, I get the scaling animation only - there’s no rotation. Do you have idea what that’s the case, and how to fix it?

This might be due to my version of Unity. I’m using Unity 5.3.4f1 on a late-2014 iMac under OS X 10.11.4. It’s required only the most obvious of changes from your instructions. The only potentially relevant one I can think of is that I now have to press a button in Animation to make an Animator and Animation Clip before I can start dragging things in or otherwise working in the window.

太感谢了,您这篇文章写得太好了,帮助了我很多!
Thanks ,you did a good job,That help me a lot!

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!