Swift UI Apprentice release date

Good day!

I am a huge fan of the book Swift Apprentice, and I am just about to finish reading it. I love that you guys are adapting a SwiftUI first approach and I would like to start learning building my first app in SwiftUI.

Iā€™ve seen discussion about the release of SwiftUI apprentice in a thread that was posted last October, I am wondering how is it coming along? Would it be released before May?

Thanks a lot!

Hi @jasper8777! SwiftUI by Tutorials is now available to read with a Pro subscription and or can be purchased individually!

Best,
Gina

it seems like it is geared towards somebody with some UIkit knowledge, which do not I have. Would it be suitable beginners (someone who finished reading Swift Apprentice)? Or should I read UIKit Apprentice first before SwfitUI by Tutorial?

hi Jasper! itā€™s true SwiftUI by Tutorials assumes the reader has used UIKit but I donā€™t think you need to know UIKit to learn SwiftUI from this book. I think itā€™s mostly ā€œremember how you did this in UIKit? SwiftUI is much easierā€. So youā€™d miss out on the ā€œtransfer of knowledgeā€ sort of thing.

Have a look and let me know?

Or hang on for SwiftUI Apprentice. Probably not before May but hopefully not long after that.

It looks pretty good! Iā€™ll consider getting it after Iā€™ve done a bit of the beginnerā€™s learning path! Thanks for the reply!

@jasper8777 Please check out our SwiftUI Apprentice book when you get a chance:

https://www.raywenderlich.com/24155931-announcing-swiftui-apprentice-first-edition

I hope it helps!

1 Like