SVG animation: Two Questions

Hi everyone,
how ever I’m trying to make animation of SVG. Finally the framework pocketSVG is updated and now you can display every path.

but I’ve two question:

1)how can I display the animations correctly? thanks the framework I can transform the paths in CAShapeLayers and display every stroke. I add to every layer an animation and setting the time I can make a chain of animation. but there is a problem. when the app start every stroke is shown and when the animation start, only the layer animation disappear and start the animation. I want that every stroke be hidden and after the animation the stroke remain visible until every stroke animations is done. Like happen in ‘imiwa?’ app.

this is my code:

NSArray *array = [SVGBezierPath pathsFromSVGAtURL:[[NSBundle mainBundle]URLForResource: @"06ac3" withExtension:@"svg"]];

int index=0;
for(SVGBezierPath *path in array) {

// Create a layer for each path
    CAShapeLayer *layer = [CAShapeLayer layer];
    layer.path = path.CGPath;

// Set its display properties

layer.lineWidth   = [[path.svgAttributes valueForKey:@"stroke-width"]floatValue];
    layer.strokeColor  = [UIColor blackColor].CGColor;
    layer.fillColor = [UIColor clearColor].CGColor;

//layer.strokeColor = [path.svgAttributes[@"d"] ?: [UIColor blackColor] CGColor];
    //layer.fillColor   = [path.svgAttributes[@"fill"] ?: [UIColor redColor] CGColor];

// Add it to the layer hierarchy
    [self.view.layer addSublayer:layer];

CABasicAnimation *pathAnimation = [CABasicAnimation animationWithKeyPath:@"strokeEnd"];
    pathAnimation.duration = 1.0;
    pathAnimation.beginTime = CACurrentMediaTime() + pathAnimation.duration * index;
    pathAnimation.fromValue = [NSNumber numberWithFloat:0.0f];
    pathAnimation.toValue = [NSNumber numberWithFloat:1.0f];
    [layer addAnimation:pathAnimation forKey:@"strokeEnd"];

index++;
}`

Second problem: I would like use a particular font to draw the stroke how can I do it?

UPDATE:Playing with code I managed to solve the problem. now you se nothing until the animation start. but there is a little problem: this animation is only one animation. How can I make this animation in loop? When finish how can I restart it?

this is code:

- (void)viewDidLoad {
    [super viewDidLoad];
    // Do any additional setup after loading the view, typically from a nib.

NSArray *array = [SVGBezierPath pathsFromSVGAtURL:[[NSBundle mainBundle]URLForResource: @"06ac3" withExtension:@"svg"]];
    _layersArray = [[NSMutableArray alloc]init];

int index=0;
    for(SVGBezierPath *path in array) {

// Create a layer for each path
    CAShapeLayer *layer = [CAShapeLayer layer];
    layer.path = path.CGPath;

// Set its display properties

layer.lineWidth   = [[path.svgAttributes valueForKey:@"stroke-width"]floatValue];
    layer.strokeColor  = [UIColor clearColor].CGColor;
    layer.fillColor = [UIColor clearColor].CGColor;

//layer.strokeColor = [path.svgAttributes[@"d"] ?: [UIColor blackColor] CGColor];
    //layer.fillColor   = [path.svgAttributes[@"fill"] ?: [UIColor redColor] CGColor];

// Add it to the layer hierarchy
    [self.view.layer addSublayer:layer];

CABasicAnimation *pathAnimation = [CABasicAnimation animationWithKeyPath:@"strokeEnd"];
    [pathAnimation setDelegate:self];
    pathAnimation.duration = 0.5;
    pathAnimation.beginTime = CACurrentMediaTime() + pathAnimation.duration * index;
    pathAnimation.fromValue = [NSNumber numberWithFloat:0.0f];
    pathAnimation.toValue = [NSNumber numberWithFloat:1.0f];
    [layer addAnimation:pathAnimation forKey:@"strokeEnd"];
    [_layersArray addObject:layer];
    index++;
    }
}
- (void)animationDidStart:(CAAnimation *)anim{
        CAShapeLayer *layer = [_layersArray objectAtIndex:_index];
        layer.strokeColor = [UIColor blackColor].CGColor;
        NSLog(@"start animation");
            //[self.view.layer addSublayer:layer];
    _index++;
  }

If you know a better way, let me know!

For the other problem, I’ve searched in internet but I’ve not found nothing. How can I draw strokes using a particolar font? how can I change the type of stroke (I’m not talking about the color or the size of stroke)?

Thank you very much

p.s. the layers is CAShapeLayer layer