SnipNotes 2.0 - Intelligent note-taking for iOS and Apple Watch

Hi,

I’m proud to announce the release of SnipNotes 2.0, the next major version of my popular app for iOS devices and Apple Watch! SnipNotes combines a highly configurable clipboard manager with an intelligent note-taking app: You can quickly save any content from your clipboard, text and images from websites, addresses from Maps and much more. SnipNotes will categorize notes automatically based on their content and provides a set of actions for each type. For example if you store a phone number, you can call it or send a SMS. If you save an address, you can view it in Maps. SnipNotes integrates into notification center on iPhone and iPad, so you can save content and use actions from anywhere and don’t need to open the app first.

SnipNotes 2.0 offers a new design and over a dozen new features. Some of the highlights include:

• A new design: The colors and icons have been updated to provide a cleaner, less distracting look and feel
• Actions have been dramatically improved: They are now also available in the main app. I’ve added lots of new actions for popular third-party apps like Chrome, Google Maps and Evernote. You can toggle them on and off in the settings menu.
• SnipNotes now runs natively on Apple Watch, so you can even use it while your iPhone is out of range. Performance has been improved and you can now call phone numbers directly from your watch
• You can filter your notes by type, date or favorite status and even combine multiple filters
• Pull down the list view from the top to reveal the new search bar
• You can protect your notes with a passcode and Touch ID
• There is a new auto-import feature, which saves your clipboard every time you open the app or the notification center widget (configurable)
• Notes will be automatically saved during editing to prevent data loss

SnipNotes is a premium app without any ads or in-app purchases. To celebrate this release, you can get the app for just 99 cents for a short time.

You can download SnipNotes right here: [URL]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snipnotes/id967594709[/URL]

More information about the app is available at www.snipnotes.de. There is an overview page, which covers the main aspects of SnipNotes as well as some use cases. I’ve also created a feature list, which contains each and every functionality SnipNotes has to offer, and a FAQ.

If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to answer to this thread.

Hi,

thanks for all the great feedback in the past weeks! I’m working hard on a new update, which will include one of the most requested features: Custom categories, which help you with organizing your notes. New in this update is also a trash, which you can use to restore deleted notes. You can read more about those categories in a new blog post.

I’m looking for beta testers, who want to try out these new features and send me their feedback. If you are interested, please sign up here. I will send you an invitation shortly after.

Thank you very much for your support! The new update will be available in a few weeks.

Hi,

I’ve released a new update for SnipNotes today, which adds some of the most frequently requested features:

• You can now create custom categories for your notes. Enter a name and pick one of over forty icons. Categories synchronize over iCloud and are available on all your devices
• The new trash allows you to restore deleted notes
• Notes will now remember their last modification date and sort accordingly. Thereby the most frequently used notes will always stay at the top of your list
• This update also contains a lot of bug fixes and smaller improvements

You can download SnipNotes right here: [URL]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snipnotes/id967594709[/URL]

More information about the app is available at www.snipnotes.de. There is an overview page, which covers the main aspects of SnipNotes as well as some use cases. I’ve also created a feature list, which contains each and every functionality SnipNotes has to offer, and a FAQ.

If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to answer to this thread.

Hi,

SnipNotes is coming to the Mac and you can test it today!

SnipNotes for macOS lets you view, edit and delete notes and categories from your iOS devices. You can quickly create new notes from the menu bar or the notification center widget. Click on an icon next to a note inside the widget to call the actions you know from iOS, e.g. call a phone number or open a link in Safari. You can also click on highlighted text in the main app to use these actions.

I’m looking for beta testers, who want to try out this new app and send me their feedback. If you are interested, you can download the beta right here. There is no registration required.

Thank you very much for your support! I will also release a new iOS and watchOS beta in a few weeks, sign up here if you haven’t already.

Hi,

I’ve released a new update for SnipNotes today, just in time for Christmas. Here is what’s new:

• SnipNotes takes full advantage of 3D Touch: You can preview notes, categories and highlighted text inside notes
  • There are now more ways to save information with the main app: Long press (or force touch) on the plus button to dictate a new note, save your current location or the contents of your clipboard
  • Homescreen quick actions have been improved: You can now quickly add or dictate a new note and access your recently viewed notes
  • The widget has been updated for iOS 10 and gives you quick access to frequently used features
  • You can now also batch delete all visible notes with the trash button (e.g. all notes inside a category and/or a filter)
  • On Apple Watch there is now a complication for quick access right from the watch face

For a limited time, SnipNotes is available for just 99 cents!

The fresh Apple Watch is the eventual device for your fit life. Choose from a range of mockups as well as Apple Watch Series. ioS App Development

Hi,

I’m happy to present a new member to the SnipNotes family: SnipNotes for macOS has just been released on the Mac App Store! This app was almost a year in the making and has been refined with the help of dozens of diligent beta testers over the course of several months.

SnipNotes for macOS lets you view, edit and manage your notes more easily on the Mac with drag-and-drop support, multiple note selection, automatic saving and more. SnipNotes integrates into many parts of the system like the menu bar, notification center, system services and the share menu. This gives you quick access to your notes and allows you to create new notes from anywhere.

SnipNotes for iOS has also received an update today, which allows you to create calendar events and track flight numbers. The note icons can be tapped for quick actions. The watch app is more configurable and adds scribble support for additional languages.

You can download SnipNotes for iOS on the App Store and SnipNotes for macOS on the Mac App Store. Both apps are available with a discount for a limited time!

Two new updates have arrived for both iOS and macOS. These updates improve stability, fix a lot of issues and add the following new features:

iOS

• Notes now save automatically as you type. The disk icon has been replaced with a checkmark, which ends the current edit and re-enables content detection. Tapping this button is optional, you can also return to the list of notes right away
  • You can now protect individual categories with a passcode. There is a new section in settings that lets you switch between the old global protection at launch and the new mode
  • There is a second new setting that lets you configure the launch view of the app. In addition to returning to the last category, you can now always begin in the inbox or open the category picker right away
  • The share dialog supports a lot of new apps, including file managers. This way you can, for example, select multiple notes and export them as text files to a cloud storage of your choice

macOS

• The share sheet now works with multiple notes too. Sharing will now also generate a text file, so you can send notes as email attachments for example
  • You can print your text and image notes or save them as PDF files
  • SnipNotes for macOS now supports an URL scheme. Please take a look at URL scheme – SnipNotes for further information
  • There is new section in settings which allows you to reset the iCloud synchronization

I’m happy to introduce the SnipNotes Productivity Update for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch! This update is all about making your work with SnipNotes more efficient and enjoyable.

Enhanced search: SnipNotes will now highlight search results both in the list of notes and inside notes. In addition, the search feature is now available on Apple Watch too.

Siri for SnipNotes (iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch): You can now control SnipNotes with Siri on your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch! This allows you to create new notes on the go with your voice, add text to existing notes and search for notes.

Drag and Drop: Text and images can now be imported and exported with Drag and Drop on iPad and Mac. Drag and Drop can also be used within SnipNotes to move notes between categories or into the trash.

Safari Integration: You can use the share sheet in Safari to create a new note that contains a link to the current webpage. SnipNotes will now also save the website’s title as well as any text you have selected beforehand.

This update also includes a number of smaller, but very useful improvements. These include:

iPhone and iPad

• You can now edit notes by tapping directly into the text. No need to press the pencil button first anymore
• Added a new section „Troubleshooting“ to the settings menu. From here you can reset the synchronization with iCloud and Apple Watch

Apple Watch

• You can now configure which categories are synchronized with Apple Watch directly in the settings menu
• The complication will now show the configured action with a little icon (dictate a new note, save location etc.)

Mac

• You can click on images to open them in Preview
• There are new settings available:
•• The number of notes in your inbox can be displayed on the dock icon
•• You can hide the main window on app launch. This is particularly useful in combination with the „Launch SnipNotes automatically on login“ functionality
•• Exporting notes as text files is now an option and disabled by default

Download SnipNotes for iOS on the App Store and SnipNotes for macOS on the Mac App Store. Both apps are 30% off for a limited time!