Small missing part in Getting Started page

In https://www.raywenderlich.com/books/flutter-apprentice/v2.0/chapters/1-getting-started

In the sentence “Follow the instructions to download the SDK from macOS install | Flutter. Installation is as simple as unarchiving and putting the bin folder in your path.” It should start with “For MacOS users, follow this:”

Also on windows when I added flutter to path, and wrote “flutter” in powershell, it didn’t find it. I had to reload path with the help of this SO post (can’t post second link due to limit): stackoverflow dot com /questions/17794507/reload-the-path-in-powershell?answertab=trending#tab-top

I typed " ```
$env:Path = [System.Environment]::GetEnvironmentVariable(“Path”,“Machine”) + “;” + [System.Environment]::GetEnvironmentVariable(“Path”,“User”)

and then "flutter" was found and ran. Would be helpful if this was added.

some suggestions @mkatz @jomoka @kevindmoore

Just went to Power shell and typed flutter. I was able to run it. Did you add the Flutter path to the user environment path?

Yep. Despite that windows sometimes does not refresh the path variables. Happened to me with ffmpeg, used the same command in powershell, and boom, finally detected.

1 Like