Sample content or session for the Vault? Formatting question

I’ve been getting a TON of value out of the RW books, and was wondering how similar the Vault eBook content is compared to the regular RW books. Of course the video sessions sound great too and seem to be a core benefit to the Vault content.

My specific question is, how much formatting was done on the 500+ page ebook to make it “print ready”? Are there sample content pieces or sessions that I can view before purchasing? I’ve purchased some conference sessions before on sites like Udemy that have repackages after the fact, and have had wide varying experiences, so any additional insight would be appreciated before I pull the trigger and buy it.

@zxc777 Thanks very much for your question, and my apologies for the delayed response.

First off, thanks very much for your kind words about the RW books! A lot of effort goes into them, and trust me when I say this, there are some very brilliant minds who collaborate to produce the content, so we truly do our best to provide the highest quality possible!

Having said that, bear in mind that the books that we produced are meant to be books. Thus, they are meant to be viewed online as a pdf/epub, or be printed in bound to be viewed in print.

The RWDevCon presentations are precisely that: presentations. Which means the content aside from the video recordings is meant to be slides for presentation purposes, and may not necessarily be formatted to be optimized for print. Having said that, this does NOT mean you shouldn’t print off the materials. I would suggest honestly that prior to printing the materials you are interested in, view them in pdf first, and then see if you can make some minor adjustments on your own to ensure they come out optimized on paper. A good way to do this is simply print a single page from the presentation, and see how well the output is. One solution I have used with great success is that I usually print my RW books at a print shop, and always get feedback from the staff how it will look BEFORE they run the printing to ensure the pages are optimized before they come out on paper. I realize that this may be a bit of a hassle, and I do apologize, but keep in mind that unlike the books which we publish, the presentations we provide are meant for the audience attending the conference, and may not be optimized for print.

I hope this helps!

All the best!