RE: Your First iOS & SwiftUI App: An App from Scratch, Episode 17: Intro to App Architecture | Kodeco

In earlier versions of this tutorial “Your First iOS and SwiftUI App: An App From Scratch” it shows that the view modifier, “Kerning”, returns a Text View. So, it has to be placed, in your code before any View Modifiers that return “some View” otherwise you get an error.

Now, Kerning appears to return a “some View” and can be placed before modifiers that return a Text View. It doesn’t seem to matter if you place Kerning or for that matter any modifier that returns “some View” before or after modifiers that return “A Text View” using Xcode version 15.1. So, it doesn’t appear that “order” matters anymore except maybe a modifier like “Opacity”.

Am I looking at this correctly?
Also, am I posting this question in the correct place?

Thanks,
Gary

Hi Gary! I think you should post this in the episode’s forum: Your First iOS & SwiftUI App: An App from Scratch, Episode 17: Intro to App Architecture | Kodeco

1 Like

Hello Audrey,

That’s where I went to post it before I posted it under the “SwiftUI by Tutorials”.
I had previously POSTED it under “General Discussions” which I was told was
the wrong place to POST questions about these tutorials.

I was told to click on the “bubble” to the right of that particular episode or whichever episode that I was working on in a tutorial.
I clicked on it. It shows Catie’s info there because she’s the Moderator for that tutorial
but there’s no “POST” button just a “REPLY” link.
I clicked on the “REPLY” link and pasted my question in the popup window.
So, begging the question is this the proper way to submit questions for these tutorials
or am I doing it totally wrong?
I just want to make sure that I’m submitting all my questions properly and in the proper
space.
I really appreciate you responding to me, today, and look forward to some detailed help in resolving this matter.
I’m not a newbie but I haven’t been active on here in some time. There are a ton of forums on here so I hope to learn all the proper places to POST questions. I’ve noticed that some newbies where posting their tutorial questions under “General Discussions” also apparently not knowing the proper place to POST either.
Thank you,
Gary

Hi Gary! Sorry, I didn’t get notified when you posted this in December. I wrote the link in my reply because there was a bug on the episode pages that linked to the previous episode’s forum. I told our techies, but I see it hasn’t been fixed, so you’d have to go back to the previous episode and click on its forum bubble :woman_facepalming:

I see an odd link there, which comes back here.

In general, each episode has a “starter” post which you can reply to, to ask a question. Same for book chapters and articles. Thanks for being here, and good luck!

Audrey