Question about Chapter 1: Project Target Settings and Bundle ID

Hello, I’m a programming beginner. I’m trying to create a project and set the BundleID correctly, but I’m having trouble.

The sample program works fine, but when I try to create my own app and check the target by selecting the project name in the project navigator, the appearance of the target is different from the sample. What could be the reason for this?

The targets of the sample program are as follows:

• HelloAppleWatch
  • HelloAppleWatch Watch App

The targets of the project I created are as follows:

• HelloAppleWatch Watch App
  • HelloAppleWatch Watch AppTests
  • HelloAppleWatch Watch AppUITests

In the project I created, the BundleID is set to “.watchkitapp”. When I try to change it to the correct BundleID, an error occurs in the content view. However, when I revert it back to “.watchkitapp”, the content view works normally.

In the sample program, it works fine even when I change the default BundleID.

Any advice or solutions to this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Are you using Xcode 14? Kinda sounds like you’re on Xcode 13 still.

Thank you for your response! I checked my Xcode version, and it’s 14.2. The tutorial requires Xcode 14.3 or later, so updating might improve the situation. I’m using MacinCloud for learning, so it might take some time to update, but I’ll request the update from their support team. Thanks!

If anyone reading this reply knows any causes or solutions to this issue besides checking the version difference, or any information I should refer to, I would appreciate your help!

Could you upload an unmodified project after you create it?