Preview screen shows android...coordinatorLayout upon creating a new project

Hi! Currently on the recycler view chapter. Upon creating a new project, the design preview is blank and shows android…CoordinatorLayout. How can i fix this? Thanks!

Hi pasoc30,

Sorry to hear you’re encountering problems. I can replicate this when creating a new project and found a fix for it.

Here’s the steps to follow:

1. In the screenshot you posted there’s a round red button with an exclamation point inside. It’s next to the Attributes title on the top right.

2. Click the button and a new window will appear in Android Studio. For me it appears along the bottom of Android Studio but could be in a different place, so look closely for it. It can appear really small until it’s resized.

3. Once you’ve found the window, you will see a number of errors reported for the layout, each accompanied with an arrow. Clicking the arrow expands the error and gives you an explanation about what’s going on, along with suggestions to fix it.

In my situation, building the project by going to the Build tab at the top of Android Studio and clicking Rebuild Project solved the issue.

I hope this solves the issue for you and lets you get on with the chapter. Let us know ether way and if we can help any further.

Thanks,

Darryl