Porting from Cocos2d-iPhone to Unity

Hello all. We’re very far along (~85%) on a large project in Cocos2d-iPhone. Yes, the old framework. Progress is slow and painful. What would we gain/lose from a port to Unity?

Many thanks

@yt42 Thanks very much for your question!

I found the following answer that may help you:

“I can tell you that you of course can’t just dump your cocos2d-x code (which is C++ as far as I remember) into Unity and expect it to work, but if you understand the syntax and language differences you should be able to read the C++ and gather what it is doing and write the equivalent C# code to do the same thing. One thing that might get you is that the cocos2d-x game might not have been using a component pattern, whereas with Unity3D it makes sense to do this, so you might have a ton of polymorphism in the game code to trawl through and get working in Unity (not that you can’t do that of course, because you can, but I guess what I am saying is that I’ve found that in a lot of cases it doesn’t make sense to use class inheritance with Unity, and is way easier to just use the Monobehaviour and go with that).”

Here is the source.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.