Old App Update Problem

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to update an my old app created to iOS 4 times. Yes, I know. It’s old. in fact i’m creating a new project but what i try to update my app on my iOS device appear this error “App installation failed This application’s application-identifier entitlement does not match that of the installed application. These values must match for an upgrade to be allowed.”

the bundle identifier is the same. but come out this error. how can I fix it?

Thanks

Is it using an updated account in xcode?

‘updated account’? what’s the meaning?

What I mean is, did you update your account in the xcode project settings?

:disappointed_relieved: I don’t know! How can I do it?

In my point of view you should remove _MASReceipt directory in your app. Now navigate the application , after that in xcode choose the “Show Package Contents” , expand the content directory , select the _MASReceipt , delete the directory , quit the app store and restart , now see in your xcode after that it asked what button should you use install or free , choose one of them , click ok…your old app now updated…

Just moment!

Why I should to delete this folder? My problem is not about Apple ID, but an old Xcode project that don’t be updated. but if I’ve installed the new project in my iPhone and I download from App Store the old version of project, the old version override the new version without problem. but when I try to install the new version from Xcode project, appear the message:App installation failed This application’s application-identifier entitlement does not match that of the installed application. These values must match for an upgrade to be allowed.