MyLocations: Transferring data from one phone to another and/or backing up to firebase

I created MyLocations, and used it on my old iPhone. I traveled around several states with my dad over the summer and used it to check in to various locations, National Parks, etc… I have since upgraded to a newer iPhone, and I wanted to see if there was a way to transfer my data to the other phone. I also wanted to see if there was a way to backup the data on the older phone to firebase.

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be much appreciated, as I don’t want to lose the locations and memories of the trip I had.

If you connect your device to your Mac and open the Xcode organizer window, you can download the Core Data database from MyLocations to your Mac. You should be able to upload it using the same organizer window to MyLocations on your new phone.

1 Like

I will give that a try right now. Thank you so much.

I was wondering how to do this as well. I am currently on the newest iOS version and am in the middle of building a new version of the app. Which file are we supposed to extract?

@thejackburton Do you still have issues with this?

Hi @shogunkaramazov. I am still having issues. I don’t know how to go about transferring the data I collected on my old phone. When I tried to open the MyLocations app I built XCode tells me I have to convert to the newest Swift syntax. I tried having XCode do it for me but there were tons of issues.

That is why I wanted to find out where and which file I need that contained all of my locations that I traveled to and then use that file in the new MyLocations app that I am creating for my new iPhone.