MyLocations - Changing Photo Not Does Not Update Photo

I have completed the MyLocations app all the way through the Photo Picker section, yet when I try to change the photo for my location, this change is not reflected.

Other related functions seem to work fine. I can add and delete photos and this is reflected in the documents directory and SQL database.

Here is my project on GitHub:

Help!

C’mon guys. Dying over here.

What do you mean exactly by “this change is not reflected”? What doesn’t happen and what did you expect to happen instead?

Hey Matthijs!

When I try to change the image for a location in the Location Details View Controller, the image will change on the Location Details View Controller immediately. However, when I back out to the Locations View Controller, the image has not updated. And when I go back into the Location Details View Controller, the image has reverted to the original image. Hopefully that’s enough information? Let me know, if not.

I put a link to my GitHub project in my first post. The app is otherwise completed except for this problem. Thank you, a great learning experience!

Savage

Sorry for the slow reply. In your LocationDetailsViewController, inside done(), the following happens:

if let image = image {
            if !location.hasPhoto {
                location.photoID = Location.nextPhotoID() as NSNumber
                if let data = UIImageJPEGRepresentation(image, 0.5) {
                    do {
                        try data.write(to: location.photoURL, options: .atomic)
                    } catch {
                        print("Error while writing file: \(error)")
                    }
                }
            }
        }

However, it should look like this:

if let image = image {
      if !location.hasPhoto {
        location.photoID = Location.nextPhotoID() as NSNumber
      }
      if let data = UIImageJPEGRepresentation(image, 0.5) {
        do {
          try data.write(to: location.photoURL, options: .atomic)
        } catch {
          print("Error writing file: \(error)")
        }
      }
    }

Spot the differences. :smiley:

OF COURSE. Ugh.

I thought I was done with braces at 15, but now I can see they will haunt me forever.

Thanks Matthijs!