Make a pedometer app for iOS

I want to learn how to create an app in iOS that tracks how far the user walks. It seems I remember a tutorial here for that. Can someone direct me or at least tell me which documentation to look through? I believe it would be MapKit and Core Location, I’m just not sure which part of that documentation to go to

Hi @brower,
For pedometer data you need to use CoreMotion that provides you with a CMPedometer object

cheers,

Best Pedometer and Step Counter Apps for iOS

1. Pacer Pedometer & Step Tracker. Pacer Pedometer & Step Tracker is hailed as one of the best pedometer apps for iPhones, and for a good reason. …
  2. Stepz. Just like Pacer, Stepz is another all-in-one pedometer app for iPhone that works great without draining your phone’s battery. …
  3. Accupedo. …
  4. ActivityTracker Pedometer . …
  5. Pedometer ++

Yeah. I found that. Does that hardware technology really work? I don’t know the science behind it. How accurate could it be?

Hi @brower,
well that is what you get from the Apple frameworks, that is what they use in their own apps too, so not many options there.

cheers,

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.