Looking for Guidance on Adding Real-Time Chat to a SwiftUI Application

Hello Everyone :hugs:,

Right now, I’m working on a SwiftUI application and want to include a real-time chat function. Since I’m not very experienced with integrating real-time functionalities, I would appreciate some advice or pointers on where to start.

What I hope to accomplish is summarised as follows:

Real-Time Messaging: I would like to provide instantaneous message sending and receiving for users. For this, I’m thinking of using WebSockets, but I’m open to recommendations.

User Authentication: I would like to incorporate user authentication to manage user sessions and ensure that every user has a distinct profile. Although I’m considering Firebase Authentication, I’d like to know if there are any better options.

Message Storage: When a user reopens the app, they should be able to access their chat history. While I am open to exploring alternative database options, my preference is to use Firestore for storage.

UI Design: Using SwiftUI, I’d like to create a simple and clear chat interface. I would be grateful for any advice on best practices or parts that could make this easier.

I’ve looked into it and found a few resources, but I’m having trouble putting things together logically. It would be great if someone could direct me to any pertinent tutorials, libraries, or documentation, or if they have experience working on projects similar to mine.

I would also be interested in hearing your thoughts on performance factors and typical mendix problems to avoid.

Thank you :pray: in advance.