Kodeco Website Issues

Very sorry about the issues you are experiencing — we are still working on improvements and bug fixes on the book reading experience (and other places, as you point out) — it’ll hopefully be back to its former (but new) delightful self soon.
(although, I’m sorry to say “Classic” will not bring back the raywenderlich style.)

My suggestions in the process of using the new UI:

1. The red part I think should be fixed when user scroll down. Because of these features I use quite a lot in the process of learning
  2. The blue part allows the user to scroll down
  3. Dark mode is necessary in our world
  4. At home page should show which ebooks or videos the user is regularly accessing (like a quick access feature)
  5. In addition, if you want to close this pop-up, you have to scroll to the top and turn it off. Why don’t we fixed the Close button on top ?

Hope someone else has the same idea as me

1 Like

Thanks so much for taking the time to write out and illustrate the issues you are having, and sorry you are experiencing them.
Some of these issues are already being worked on, and should be fixed soon.

Could you elaborate on your 4th point — the home page already includes books, videos and learning paths you’ve last interacted with — how would your proposed quick access feature differ from that?

1 Like

Hi @jellodiil
At 4th) [Example for my case] I’m reading the book Combine: Asynchronous Programming with Swift
but you can see my home page doesn’t show it. Or I need to enable the “Recently” feature somewhere?

I see where you are coming from now.
I’ll log this request!

1 Like

Privacy settings aren’t selectable in Firefox on macOS. On https://accounts.kodeco.com/privacy, the choices are “Help make kodeco better
” and “Restrict usage tracking”. When I load the page, neither option is drawn as selected and neither option is selectable – click on either one in Firefox/macOS and nothing happens. In Chrome and Safari on MacOS selecting one or the other works as expected. I’m on macOS 12.6.1, latest versions of Safari, Firefox, Chrome.
By the way, one odd (broken) behavior that I’m pretty sure also existed on raywenderlich.com privacy settings page is that a first-load of the privacy settings page shows neither option as selected. If a user never selects either option, which is in effect? Is it tracking or restricting tracking? It’s got to be one or the other, right? I assume it’s tracking but neither is rendered on first load.
Thank you!

Thank you for reporting, and thank you for checking in multiple browsers.

Tracking is indeed the default, and should indicate as such.
Will get both issues looked at as soon as possible.

Hello @jellodiil ,

The code copy block seems have a very large border insets which overlaps the inner content:

Thanks, there seems to be some missing images in the WatchOS with with SwiftUI by Tutorials book. I reported this here: Missing image in Chapter 1+

Let me know if you want more info.

569de573fbe6a91b0e726f7146d8da2b7cdc3897_2_690x368

Thank you for reporting this! We’ll get on it!

Thanks for reporting — these should now be fixed!
Sorry about that.

1 Like

Hi, Photos aspect ratio is wrong on authors page for a book (online reader, Safari 16.0):

also top/header menus stays opened if no option was selected. Expected behaviour: opened menu dismiss/closed on any tap/click outside its content (standard behaviour for menus in general)

is it possible with a reasonable effort to add Dark theme support for Kodeco book reader? (not sure if it possible to get from the website analytics - how many users prefer Dark theme :thinking:)

Also Font size settings applied only for some parts of a book:

One more (adding as update/edits as website doesn’t allow more than 3 posts in a row): it’s not possible to select and highlight/mark a piece of text if it’s mix of standard paragraph and list item (like on screenshot above)

thanks for this. It’s really impressive

Thank you for reporting all these!

Dark mode (inc book reader) is coming very soon!

The highlighted text function is not working on safari

2 Likes

Thank you for reporting — we will look into it!

In light mode I can’t see any chapter sections:

Oh no! :see_no_evil:

Thanks for reporting! I’ve let our engineering team know, and hopefully it’ll get fixed and released very soon!