Imported Assets - no texture on BobbleMarine-Body

Chapter 1 page 36. I followed the instructions as I understand them, and when viewing the model in the inspector, no color appears on the model. Further when I drag the model to the scene, it appears without texture. Same applies for the Head model. The Arena and the Enemy models appear fine. Not sure what I missed. Being completely new to Unity and Blender, I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this, other than starting from scratch. Any suggestions?

I am on OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) with Unity Version 5.4.2f2, Blender 2.78

Hi randallroman, sorry to hear about the issue. There are two ways you can fix this. The easy way is to simply start over with a fresh project and see how the model imports, making sure you follow each step at a time.

My guess is that you imported the models but forgot to import the texture. You must import them all at once.

If you are unable to solve the issue, keep reading to chapter two and look up the section “Fixing the Models”. You’ll need to create a new material, assign the texture to it, and then manually add it to the model. That section should help you through the process but if you need step-by-step guidance, definitely let me know.

In any case, let me know how it turns out.

Thanks!