I’m iOS developer and currently learning Android.
I work for a company but they pay me just 400$ per month.
I can’t move to other locations because I’m taking care of my parents.
I’m a good developer and I’m working and learning hard. But I don’t know how to make some more money.
Please let me know If you know anything. If I can make about 300$ more per month, It’s gone be Great for me and my family.
@vahids Thanks very much for your question!
Believe it or not, this is a challenge for all developers! There are many ways of making money from app development:
- Building an app that generates money on it’s own.
- Doing short/long term projects for clients. There are many sites online like UpWork, and Guru. There are many others, but you would have to search for them online, and create an account with them.
- Start a blog/podcast/youtube channel and do tutorials teaching iOS development. The market for developers is constantly growing, and people are always searching for learning materials, including and especially experienced developers who are trying to improve their skills (this site is a perfect example!) The benefit of something like this is that you gain credibility for yourself. People now get to know you directly from your media, and may directly reach out to you for consulting opportunities. I know of many individuals who have gained business like this.
- Answering questions on StackOverflow is also a way of making a name for yourself. When people see that you are able to provide quality answers for questions posted by other fellow developers, people realize that you have good knowledge, as well as a good heart for taking the time to share your knowledge with others.
- This is more of a personal suggestion, but rather than trying to learn both iOS AND Android development, I would suggest you focus more on increasing your knowledge of iOS development. Companies look to hire experts, as opposed to hiring someone who knows a little of everything. Being an expert on a particular platform will not only allow you to attract more clients, but allow you to charge more for your expertise.
I hope this helps!
All the best!
@syedfa, Thanks for your advises.
I have all tools to make what ever I want except THAT idea of making a new app!
I hear something about ad in applications that can make some money. But I never could find a good idea.
BTW, thanks for your time.
On the other hand, because of federal restricts law I can’t work for freelancer services like UpWork:
My government and US has a lot of serious issues.
hmm… , I should try another job.
The best option is always to look for an appropriate job. And iOS developers are in demand in the US.
This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.