How to handle/transfer complex data on watchOS/ios

Hi there,

so I am working on a workout app that needs to run as standalone app on watch as well as companion app if the iPhone is around. I am logging data every time CLLocationManager updates. The date includes: HeartRate, Cadence, CLLocation objects, Time and more if available. So it’s quite some data collected quite frequently. That data should be synced with the iOS app from the Watch App whenever a workout is finished.

So here are my questions:

1. It seems to be awkward to convert all this data to Dictionaries to send to the iOS App, would it be smarter to convert the data to a file instead and transfer the file to iOS App and then store the raw data in CoreData on the iOS App?

2. In the case I do multiple workouts on the Apple Watch before I sync with iOS app, how should the data be transferred? Should I just use CoreData on AppleWatch to store it there and delete it after sync?

Basically I am not clear how to handle the data on Watch. It needs to be used as standalone app, so I cannot just send the data piece by piece when to the Phone app and do the magic there. I need to collect a complete workout (or multiple) on the watch app and transfer to the iOS app once the phone is around.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Markus

Tech Meets Tech is a budding website hosting blogs and articles related to domains like Technology, Gadgets, Games, Business, CyberSecurity, Mobiles, Digital Marketing, Social Networking, Reviews, and News. You can explore the guest posting requirements below.

At the point when you have new information for your watch application, you can supplant or broaden your entanglement’s timetable. Call one of the accompanying confusion worker techniques to refresh the timetable:

reloadTimeline(for:)

Erases and replaces your whole timetable.

extendTimeline(for:)

Adds information to the furthest limit of your current timetable.

Regardless, ClockKit launches your difficulty’s information source and demands the new information.

A watchOS application gives a few chances to refresh your intricacy’s course of events. Regardless strategy you use, keep your watchOS application, appʼs preview, warnings, and entanglements in a steady state. Likewise, try to refresh your complexity when you update your application’s information. In the event that you get a pop-up message with new information, update the application and your entanglement, and timetable another screen capture.

Hi, I’m bonnil. I’m a social media manager living in newyork. I am a fan of ,health,beauty,fitness. I’m also interested in reading and entrepreneurship. You can read my blog with a click on the bu…

READ MORE : bloombergblog

Hi, I’m miffil. I’m a social media manager living in newyork. I am a fan of ,health,beauty,fitness. I’m also interested in reading and entrepreneurship. You can read my blog with a click on the bu…

READ MORE : medicalnewstodayblog

Hi, I’m binnil. I’m a social media manager living in newyork. I am a fan of ,health,beauty,fitness. I’m also interested in reading and entrepreneurship. You can read my blog with a click on the bu…

READ MORE : bizautomotive

Hi, I’m chesel. I’m a social media manager living in newyork. I am a fan of ,health,beauty,fitness. I’m also interested in reading and entrepreneurship. You can read my blog with a click on the bu…

Read more : charismaticthings

Follow the steps below to transfer complex data to ios

Method 1:
Download the MobileTrans – Phone Transfer tool on your computer system. You’ll be presented with several options in the tool window.

Now connect both Android and iPhone to your PC with a USB cable. The tool will automatically detect the devices.
You need to select the “Phone Transfer” mode from the given options to transfer your data between distinctive devices.
Both the connected devices will be shown on the next screen automatically, and you can select the type of files you need to transfer from Android to iPhone. Choose the files you want to transfer and press the “Start” button. Don’t disconnect either device during the process.

Tips: When switching from Android to iPhone, you don’t want to lose your WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business data, as your conversations with your loved ones and business partner are there. Learn more about how to transfer WhatsApp data and WhatsApp Business data from Android to iPhone.

Method 2: Transfer files from Android to iPhone by iTunes
iTunes can also be used to transfer your music and video files from Android to an iPhone. Follow the steps below.

Connect and copy the music and video files onto your PC from the Android device.
copy files to PC

Install iTunes on the same PC and then connect the iPhone you want to transfer your files on.
Add the video and music files to the iTunes library. To do so, open the File menu in the iTunes window and click “Add Folder to Library”. Browse the files in the computer and press “Select Folder”. The entire folder will be added to the iTunes library with all its content.

Now, as the music and video files are loaded into the iTunes library, you can copy it to your iPhone. In iTunes, select your device and you’ll get a control panel view for the device. Select the “Sync Music” and choose the playlists, then press sync.

For transferring video files, go to “Movies, TV Shows, or other categories.” Tick the “Sync Movies” and then select all the video files you want to copy to your iPhone.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez