How to get the most out of conferences?

Hi all,

I’m going to the RW conference in March 2017. Since this will be my first time at a conference like this, I wanted to ask for pointers about how to get the most value from it. I am a fairly new developer and have a lot to learn.

I am interested in a LOT of the topics, and unfortunately, some of them overlap with the labs of other interesting topics. Do I need to go to both the presentation and the lab? Is it possible to go only to the lab, or will that be confusing? Are videos released which might mitigate some of the impact of me missing a session?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Rich

Hi Rich!

Some good questions here.

• Regarding tutorials vs. labs: In the tutorials, you’ll be guided through hands-on demos and exercises designed to introduce you to the subject. After each tutorial, the speaker will move to a separate room for a lab, where you can ask questions related to the subject, get help with code, etc (sort of like WWDC labs). Basically, if you just want to learn things I think tutorials are best. If you have more questions or want to talk more about a specific subject, you can stop by the labs.
  • Regarding videos: After the conference, we will be releasing the RWDevCon 2017 Vault, which will contain recordings for all of the tutorials in the conference. All attendees will get a free copy of this! So if you miss a talk at the conference, you can always watch it later.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and I look forward to seeing you at the conference! :]

–Ray