Help response times, and passwords expiring?

I’m a subscriber and had some time to watch video tutorials over the weekend. Unfortunately I couldn’t log in on Friday. I guess my password had expired, even though I wasn’t notified of the need to reset a password.

Is this normal? Do our passwords expire regularly?

To reset the password I was supposed to get an automatic activation email but I never received the email. (several attempts). So I used the contact form on your site. Is this the best place to report issues?

I got the auto response from the form in my email, but I never received any follow up.

I finally managed to get this fixed myself this morning (3 days later). Seems like it didn’t like me trying to log in with my email and it needed the username.

Seems reasonable to expect help quicker for paid content that becomes unavailable?

Hi Mariette - there are no flags or suspensions on your account and passwords do not expire. Sorry that this caused you trouble, it has happened to me often also, some sites like to use the username and some like to use the email address and there doesn’t appear to be a consensus one way or the other.

Generally we would want to respond a lot quicker than that and I think normally you would have had a much quicker response, but RWDevCon has distracted a lot of people in the past few days.

Sorry you had trouble logging on @mariette!

If you ever have any trouble in the future, it’s best to contact us directly here:

RWDevCon aside, Christine is generally pretty good at helping people out quickly :]

Thanks for subscribing and I hope you enjoy the videos!

@mariette I’ve been corresponding with you via email and this should now be resolved. I’d like to again offer my sincere apologies for the trouble you’ve had logging in to our new system.