Fastlane for iOS · Challenge: Lane Upgrades | raywenderlich.com

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/1259223-fastlane-for-ios/lessons/17

I need to give an extension to the file name DeviceList.txt, or else it wasn’t taking the path and throwing the error in terminal.

@brian_bee Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Interesting. I’m not sure why that’s the case, but nice job finding a straightforward resolution!

Hi Brian, it could be a good idea to make a file with devices and git it? If it could be a good idea is also possibile to auto-pull the file when I start a lane and sync the device with the file that I just pulled?

Thank you very much

Nice idea. Sounds like an excellent extra credit project! :innocent:

Thank Brian, since you are so kind I ask you for another information. If I have a project with different eviroments, schema and bundle id (for example development, testing, staging, production) and in testing and staging I need to upload to firebase with ad hoc certificate, what is the best way to manage different environments? Creare more lanes equal but with different schema or there is some actions or tools to create only one lane and pass to it the env?

Good question. Without knowing the specifics, my initial suggestion would probably be to create separate lanes for each. Obviously, there’s the question of what the atomic unit is here – is it environment, schema, bundle, or some intersection of multiples?

My guess is that you could probably pick one and have a lane for each, then use parameters to handle any additional variables (so maybe 1 lane per environment, using parameters or environmental vars to address different schema or bundles as needed).

Once you have that set up, you can of course further factor your logic by creating secondary lanes to encapsulate repeated tasks, so that you fastlane code remains DRY.

Hope that helps! :slightly_smiling_face: