Error: [core/no-app] No Firebase App '[DEFAULT]' has been created - call Firebase.initializeApp()

Hi. I am getting the following error. Does anyone know how to fix this?
This is for Android.

Working on the chapter 2 code, final version.

I have downloaded and copied the google-services.json file under android/app folder.
When running the started app from chapter 01, I get the following error:

Error: [core/no-app] No Firebase App '[DEFAULT]' has been created - call Firebase.initializeApp()

The full logs are:

C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/_internal/js_dev_runtime/private/ddc_runtime/errors.dart 266:49  throw_
packages/firebase_core_web/src/firebase_core_web.dart 341:9                                                                app
packages/firebase_core/src/firebase.dart 53:41                                                                             app
packages/firebase_crashlytics/src/firebase_crashlytics.dart 33:55                                                          get instance
packages/monitoring/src/error_reporting_service.dart 8:58                                                                  new
packages/wonder_words/main.dart 27:38                                                                                      errorReportingService$35get
packages/wonder_words/main.dart 55:45                                                                                      <fn>
C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/async/zone.dart 1658:54                                          runBinary
C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/async/zone.dart 1800:17                                          <fn>
C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/async/zone.dart 1073:14                                          [_processUncaughtError]
C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/async/zone.dart 1277:5                                           handleUncaughtError
C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/async/future_impl.dart 679:17                                    _propagateToListeners
C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/async/future_impl.dart 566:5                                     [_completeWithValue]
C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/async/future_impl.dart 639:7                                     <fn>
C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/async/zone.dart 1391:13                                          _rootRun
C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/async/zone.dart 1293:19                                          run
C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/async/zone.dart 1201:7                                           runGuarded
C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/async/zone.dart 1241:23                                          callback
C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/async/schedule_microtask.dart 40:11                              _microtaskLoop
C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/async/schedule_microtask.dart 49:5                               _startMicrotaskLoop
C:/b/s/w/ir/cache/builder/src/out/host_debug/dart-sdk/lib/_internal/js_dev_runtime/patch/async_patch.dart 166:15           <fn>

Hi,

Check the previous topic on the same issue. Workaround has already been posted there.

1 Like

Isn’t that for iOS? I’m experiencing this on Android.

Try copying the json file to the below mentioned folder and then run the app:

android/app/src/google-services.json

Firebase Remote Config is broken on my devices. Tried two android devices, with the repository of the book, and even the flutterfire repository examples while setting up the application using firefllutter config command and different versions of the package. I could not get it to work.

Dear @forwardtomy!
If you still have an issue adding the Firebase to your project, check a new way of adding the necessary files to the Flutter application (with the help of their CLI), which Firebase introduced since we published the book. I’m sure this will be updated in the next edition of the book.
Sincerely
Vid Palčar

The fact that the Firebase Remote Config is broken for your devices is very unlikely. Please provide us with any error messages you receive and make sure to follow the instructions in the book step by step one more time.