Errata for ARKit by Tutorials, 3rd Edition!

The official errata thread for ARKit by Tutorials, 3rd edition!

When you will update ARKit video courses to version 3?

I’m working through the chapter 02 starter project, using Xcode 11.4. In the section “Adding UI Elements” on page 50, attempting to drag a Visual Effect View With Blur to the ARSCNView replaces the ARSCNView with the full-sized UIVisualEffectView dragged from the Object Library.

The figure in the section “Reviewing the project files” on page 39 shows the Main.storyboard ViewController containing only the ARSCNView, and no other subview. But the Main.storyboard in the figure on page 50 shows a different ViewController which contains a subview that contains both the ARSCNView and the UIVisualEffectView, with no explanation of how or when the Main.storyboard changed.

Did I miss something?

Please advise,

Karl

The ARKit framework was not added to the starter Xcode project for Chapter 03, which resulted in a crash because it couldn’t find ARSCNView.

And page 66 has a description expressed as code, which means a referenced image is not shown.

@michael_nechaev Thank you for your suggestion - much appreciated! I will forward it to the video team.

@karlostj Thank you for the heads up - much appreciated! I will forward this to the book team.

@michael_nechaev @karlostj Please check out the updated version of the book when you get a chance:

https://store.raywenderlich.com/products/apple-augmented-reality-by-tutorials

I hope it helps!