Editor placeholder in source file Dog Walk chapter

I’m working through Chapter 3 Dog Walk and I have been successful in getting it to work using the example code in the chapter. EXCEPT, if I attempt to implement the suggestion below:
“For example, you can replace the entire if-let statement in the last code snippet with the following:
currentDog?.addToWalks(walk)
Give it a try!”

I get a compiler error when building the app.
“Editor placeholder in source file ViewController.swift”

I can see that the addToWalks exists in the file Dog+CoreDataProperties.swift file and I can see that there is no implementation code in it.

So what I’m wondering is did I miss something in the text of the chapter where I should have implemented something? Or is the code generation wrong? The text in the chapter “implies” to me that there was some code generated for me that should work with no additional coding on my part. ??? Is this true…

I’m a Swift newbie that has coded for systems since 1979, including 10 years of Java. So I’m not a newbie coder… Just a Swift newbie.

Suggestions would be welcome,

hmm maybe you did some autocompletion and did not fill all placeholders in the editor. There’s nothing wrong with the code you posted.

currentDog?.addToWalks(walk)

Thank you for getting back to me. I think that I need to add some code to the generated module.

@rpetruzz. Thanks very much for your question, and my apologies for the delayed reply. Is this still an issue? As @tetanuss pointed out, I have personally gone through this chapter before, and this did not cause me an error, so let me know if this is still an issue.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

All the best!