Editing Mode and TableViewControllers:How to Update and Save

I have the ability to create new items using a static cell, and then persist them using core data. I can delete cells using the tableview controller built-in editing mode. I can type in the textfields inside my tableViewCells. So I have CR_D, but I need the U. I cannot figure out the best way to Update an object in my data model using the editing mode of the tableViewController. I have seen a tutorial where you update without editing mode, but I have not seen one where you use the editing mode. Essentially, after entering editing mode, I would like to be able to modify the text field, and then have it save when I hit the done button to exit editing mode. Is this a pattern you guys know/use? Is there a better pattern? If it is in one of your books let me know. It is not in the core data tutorial book… That I could find…

Well an update is basically a delete + insert.

With CoreData, I don’t have to delete and then insert right? I have managed classes that let me access attributes and set their values. The problem I am having is much more rookyish. Do I provide editing of the attributes from the Edit mode that is built into the tableView cell? If so, I am having a heck of a time figuring out how to do it. Should I create some kind of popup when in editing mode that pops up a new view that they can edit/save/cancel? Since I can actually click in the UITextFields and modify the attributes, I would think there would be a way to save those changes. I just cant find a dog gone example that explains the right way to modify a cell and then save it… Thanks for your reply.