Display "Glitch" on SUV in Mr. Pig

Hi. I finished Mr. Pig a couple days ago. It was a nice tutorial and I really enjoyed it. There is one small glitch that I noticed. The roof of one of the SUVs in my game has a weird display glitch to it. The roof of the SUV has a “flickering” “shimmy” to it alternating between black & white. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what causes a glitch like that in SceneKit? It is only that one vehicle and only a particular instance of it. There are other SUVs in my app that don’t show have that glitch.

Thanks,
Tom

Could the top of the sprite be on a pixel boundary, perhaps n.5 rather than n.0? Is the size of the sprite source exactly right?

Yes! I think that was it. It was not actually the specific vehicle with the glitch that was off, but several of the other vehicles in the scene were were .00x off of a X and/or Y coordinate. I cleaned them all up, and the display artifact is gone. Thanks.

It’s always a good idea to use instruments on any graphical app. It will flag misaligned images for you, as it can be a performance problem, just like transparency.

1 Like