Contacts Framework Tutorial for iOS | raywenderlich.com

In this Contacts Framework tutorial for iOS, learn how to select, display, save and edit contacts from the user’s device.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/2547730-contacts-framework-tutorial-for-ios

Thank you for the tutorial. I wonder whether the Contacts framework can be used for the following case: a project management app that has a staff database. Can it be used for that?

@macandyp Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

If you’re wanting to import contacts into your application’s own database, yes. If you’re trying to use it solely to back your database, that’s probably not a good idea.

Hello. Thank you for great tutorial. But if I want also import birthday date from contacts? I mean CNContactBirthdayKey. How I can do this?

@macandyp Do you have any feedback about this? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

You can simply add CNContactBirthdayKey to the array of keys passed to unifiedContacts(matching:keysToFetch:). The fetched CNContact will have an optional birthday property (as DateComponents)

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!