Chapter 7 - Thread 1: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x1c)

When implementing the ‘Show Entry With Light Background’ setting, I get the following error:

I run the app and then open settings to switch on ‘Show Entry With Light Background’, I then re-open the app and it crashes in AppDelegate: Thread 1: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x1c).

This happens not only on my app, but also with the Chapter 7 Final project.

Does anyone know what’s wrong?

Thanks

Update:

I also get this bug when building on mac (currently working on the chapter 11 project). It can be reproduced as following:

1. Build and run
  2. Close the Journalyst app using the red x button
  3. Attempt to re-open the app from the taskbar
  4. App crashes

@macandyp Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hey, what version of everything are you running (macOS/Xcode)? I’m not able to reproduce the crash, but I do see a bunch of stuff spit out in the debugger when following your steps. Seems like there’s something going on behind the scenes that doesn’t like something about reopening the window is (at least partially) handled on a background thread. I don’t have a lot of info at the moment, but it is related to some AppKit code, which makes me initially believe it is a catalyst problem. Are you able to get the crash log?

I can’t seem to reproduce it anymore, so I have no idea what happened! If it occurs again I’ll make another post. Thank you for trying to help, much appreciated.

@prodamere Do you still have issues with this?