Chapter 3 - hero is paused while walking

[EDITED]
Hi,
I’ve started this book a few days ago.
I like your style of writing! Thanks for publishing it!!

Although there are a few “hiccups”, it’s going ok overall.

1. Most important:
    I’ve finished chapter 3 and my hero can move about the screen in all directions and he can turn and face left and right. Good!
    However, the walking animation keeps freezing while moving in any direction.
    How can I fix this bug?

2. every time I try to edit a script in Visual Studio, it opens a blank editor, and I have to double-click again on the same script file to get the code for editing. Is this fixable?

3. I’m using Unity 2019 when the book is based on 2018 I think. Some menus look different.
    I had to Google where to find the Samples for the animation frame rate.

Thanks in advance!

@nathansimbahan Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hello ym1980,

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you like our style of writing!

1.) This might be a problem with the loop parameter on your animations.
If you select “hero_idle_anim” and “hero_walk_anim”, make sure their Loop Time is checked in the inspector.

If that doesn’t help, Can you send a screenshot or a video of your problem? If you can post them here I’d be glad to take a look and help you sort this out.

2.) I’m sorry I haven’t encountered this yet. Maybe this link will help: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-opens-blank-visual-studio.611536/

3.) Unity updated the UI with version 2019.3 that is why the menus look different. It looks like the book needs an update! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Nathan