Chapter 2 flutter apprentice book error

I’m encountering an issue while building my Flutter application. When attempting to build the project, I’m getting the following warnings:

warning: [options] source value 8 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
warning: [options] target value 8 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
warning: [options] To suppress warnings about obsolete options, use -Xlint:-options.
3 warnings

But more importantly, an error is preventing a successful build:

ERROR:E:\NewApp\third_app\build\path_provider_android\intermediates\runtime_library_classes_jar\debug\classes.jar: D8: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke “String.length()” because “” is null

This error seems to be related to path_provider_android and occurs during the ‘:app:mergeDexDebug’ task. I’m using Flutter with a specific version of the Android Gradle Plugin (7.3.0).

Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this error and get the project to compile successfully?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Blockquote

It’s recommended you post questions on the official Forum topic for the book. As they are typically monitored by the authors or other folks that have the knowledge and are able to help.

Follow the link: Flutter Apprentice - Kodeco Forums