Chapter 15 - Dynamic Type

Hello,

I am trying to follow the tutorial and when I try to do in Doctor scene the relationship between Notes label, Profile Image View and CSZ Label, the first instruction is:

Add a baseline-baseline constraint between the CSX label and the Notes Label that is >= the Standard value.

I have a lot of issues with red as you can see in this screen:

Am I doing something incorrect? This point I’m not sure how to do it, despite I have followed the next steps, the issues don’t disappear.

Greetings,

Felix.

Hi @faabalia and thanks for the question! I’ve invited @mkatz to the discussion as he should be able to help you out with this issue :slightly_smiling_face:

Let me know if you have any other issues :+1:

Actually, @liamnichols, Mike is the wrong person. I’ve already asked @jerbeers to respond when he has a chance since he’s the author of the chapter.

1 Like

Felix, sorry for the delay in replying. The issue you’re seeing is that the first and second item are reversed. There are several different ways to create constraints and the way you chose was NOT wrong, but Xcode just chose an order for you. You want the Notes first baseline to be >= the CSZ last baseline plus the standard value. If you click the first item and choose “reverse first and second item” it will swap them. Xcode tries to be helpful and reverse the direction of >= to <=, but just change it back. That should put you on the right track. Let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Thanks,
Jerry

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.