Chapter 14 - Getting Started w/ Face-Based AR

Where the hell are the Models.scnassets?!

Hi, bmcintosh.

They should be included with the project files. If you’re still having trouble locating them, please let me know and I’ll see if there’s another way to get these to you.

I’ve downloaded the project files twice, and still no Models.scnassets. Do you have another way for me to get them?

Do you have a way to send those files?

@paradox927 Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

The AR files to 14 chapter in RW tutorial is absent. Can you help me with that?

@paradox927 Do you have any feedback about this? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hi @paradox927,
I’ve just downloaded the project files and Models.scnassets is currently missing.
Here is a screenshot of xcode:
38%20PM
Models.scnassets is transparent, indicating that the folder is missing
Also when running xcode also print out missing error:
error: Build input file cannot be found: ‘/Users/hienpham/Downloads/ARKit_by_Tutorials_v2.0/14-getting-started-face-ar/starter copy/RWFaceCase/RWFaceCase/Models.scnassets’

Hi, ngochiencse.

Sorry you’re having this issue. How did you go about downloading these files and from where did you get them? Our site?

Yes, I’ve purchased the book and downloaded from your website.

Very bizarre, indeed. I just downloaded the files myself, and sure enough, that folder is missing. At that point in the project, Models.scnassets is an empty folder, so it’s entirely possible that it got skipped when the book package was created.

Create an empty folder with the same name inside the project folder (/RWFaceCase/RWFaceCase/Models.scnassets). That’ll take care of it for you.

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for reporting it.

1 Like

No problem. I love this book and hope it will improve more in the future :slight_smile:.