Ch 9 Robot Rampage - Opening Starter Project Error

I have just started on the 2nd game - Robot Rampage. I have a new computer so I have re-downloaded the assets (v3) and have also downloaded Unity 2018.3. I have opened up the starter project in the Ch 9 Assets but have 4 compiler errors trying to open the project which I am not sure how to fix:

Here is the details from the console -

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path “C:\Users\08354570\OneDrive - VIC - Department of Education and Training\Personal\iOS Programming\Robot Rampage New\robotrampage\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.analytics@3.2.2\Tests\Editor\Unity.Analytics.StandardEvents\Unity.Analytics.StandardEvents.EditorTests.asmdef”
System.IO.FileStream…ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) (at :0)
System.IO.FileStream…ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.IO.FileOptions options, System.String msgPath, System.Boolean bFromProxy, System.Boolean useLongPath, System.Boolean checkHost) (at :0)
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream…ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int,System.IO.FileOptions,string,bool,bool,bool)
System.IO.StreamReader…ctor (System.String path, System.Text.Encoding encoding, System.Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean checkHost) (at :0)
System.IO.StreamReader…ctor (System.String path, System.Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks) (at :0)
System.IO.StreamReader…ctor (System.String path) (at :0)
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.StreamReader…ctor(string)
System.IO.File.ReadAllText (System.String path) (at :0)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilation.LoadCustomScriptAssemblyFromJson (System.String path) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/ScriptCompilation/EditorCompilation.cs:463)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilation.SetAllCustomScriptAssemblyJsons (System.String[] paths) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/ScriptCompilation/EditorCompilation.cs:681)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilationInterface:SetAllCustomScriptAssemblyJsons(String[])

I may have missed a line from the console it wasnt easy to copy. Is there a way around this?

I can’t say that I’ve seen this error before, but it may be related to 2018.3 - @anthonyuccello, would you mind taking a look?

@anthonyuccello Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

@darthcolejoy Sorry to see there was a compile issue. It looks like Unity has changed something that broke the project in the latest release.

To get it working I suggest the following:
Download Unity Hub

Install and open Unity Hub

Download the latest 2018.2 release version.

Open the project with the 2018.2 version.

This should get you up and running.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.