Book Language not english

I think there is some technical glitch because of which the text in the book is in some other language not english.

error

@chrisrazeware Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

This is intentional; the text of the book is obfuscated unless you have purchased the book.

The reason we’re doing this (instead of blocking access if you haven’t purchased a book) is so you can get a preview of what’s inside a book to see if it’s the right book for you.

I know it’s confusing now; we’ll be adding some messaging on the user interface to make it clear what’s happening here at some point in the future.

I hope that makes sense!

Yes, it is confusing. In the store for the book, it still has the banner that states: “We’ve made the complete iOS Apprentice available through our site for free for a limited time, to help you build — and ship — your first few iOS apps.” Has the limited time expired?

Hey @jkarwisch: Yes, I’m sorry, that banner is still up in error. The book was made free as part of our Community Care project which ended on August 21. I’ve asked our engineering team to take down the banner.

1 Like