Book Inaccuracy (2nd Edition)

I am going through your book again, and I have decided that this time I am going to say something about some of the inaccuracies.

In Chapter 4, in the section about “Implementing Favorites”, you say the following:

Save the change to trigger a hot reload and see the heart button toggle on and off
when you tap it, as shown below

Well, here is news for you … a hot reload won’t work, because you made a change that affects the state of the widget! We just converted from a stateless to a stateful widget and you are saying that a hot reload does the job? This is wrong!

In Chapter 5, towards the end of the section on “Adding ListView for today’s recipes”, it says the following:

Save the change to trigger a hot restart, and Fooderlich will now look like this

So, now, saving a change will trigger a hot restart, not a hot reload … yeah, right!
You are literally saying the opposite of what you said in chapter 4, and which I quoted above!
That’s what I mean by inaccuracy, and this is actually not acceptable.

Hi @dev777 and thanks for participating in the Forums. You make good observations, however your tone is combative and that doesn’t really add anything to your contribution. Please consider rephrasing the post, as it sets a tone unbecoming to the community.

@robertomachorro ,

I am sorry.
I despise inaccuracies; NOT the people that make them, as I myself have produced inaccuracies.
I believe we should wipe them out and treat those like disease; hence my tone.

I profoundly respect the effort your team took to put together the book; I haven’t put together any book, and therefore, I must respect that you have put together one.

My tone reflected how I feel about inaccuracies, and the urgency with which I believe they must be dealt with.

Thank you.

1 Like