Beginning Swift 3 - Part 1: Introduction | Ray Wenderlich

Find out what's covered in our Beginning Swift video tutorial series.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/4095-beginning-swift-3/lessons/1

Those who don’t have mac and XCode can run the Swift 3.0 code at https://swiftlang.ng.bluemix.net

Thank me later :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s pretty cool! Thanks for the link!

@vegetarianzombie You mentioned that the “Beginning Swift 3” video matches up to the ios apprentice book, but when I look at topics covered, it looks different. Am I looking at something wrong?

The video covers the topics in the same order although some examples may have been changed or new ones were used for the purposes of the video. For the most part, I followed the book.

Hi Brian @vegetarianzombie … nice tutorial, but can you please fix the pdf’s… the text is overlaying on most of them. thank you !

Hello i am ishan …i want to learn ios n swift …but have no money :pensive:…but want to make career in ios …can anyone tell me how to learn everything…when everything has paid version over here …i think the videos here are the best but i am having no money to access it :pensive:

same here i want to access your videos but have no money.i am in very trouble.pls help me out.otherwise my company will fire me

We do put some of our older resources on YouTube so feel free to go through our library online. Otherwise, I suggest you first start out with Apple’s documentation and work your way through it. Also Apple produces a free book on Swift which is incredibly useful and will teach you everything you need to know to work with Swift.

Just a general suggestion for your downloadable materials. It would be nice if they were named consistently.
i.e. always use CamelBack,
always start the name with the course title,
always call the Demo playground the Demo playground.
It is really nice to upload them to the playgrounds app on the iPad. I am able to work on them there or just to use as reference. Naming becomes really important to save on clutter.

The video won’t play on my browser. I tried chrome (Version 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)), safari (10.1.2 (12603.3.8)) and firefox (54.0.1 (64-bit)).
My OS is macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29).
I have also tried clearing caches and cookies on all three browsers, restarted my system.
The video is playing on my mobile device having the same internet connection.

Same issue for me. OSX Sierra 10.12.4

I am also unable to play any videos. Sierra 10.12.6

I posted this issue in other video as well and I have got a reply in Advanced Swift 3 Introduction video comment thread.
You can check it out there.

https://videos.raywenderlich.com/courses/70-advanced-swift-3/lessons/1

Hi all,

Apologies for the video playback issues you’ve been experiencing, which were caused by a CDN issue with our video platform provider. They’re working hard to fix this, and normal service should be resumed by the end of the week.

In the meantime, I’ve just deployed a new version of the video site that uses a fallback video player, so that you can once again watch videos.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you continue to see issues.

Many thanks

sam

Hi I just looking around this site.
And where is intermediate level of swift?

I can’t find