Beginning Core Data - Part 6: Binary Data | Ray Wenderlich

Core Data allows you to save binary data to your data store. This video shows you how to work with binary data.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/3444-beginning-core-data/lessons/6

Hey Brian!

The book (Core Data by Tutorials) says that it’s not a good idea to use the “Allows external storage” option because of an internal iOS/Xcode bug. So I’m a little confused, can i safely use it or not? :roll_eyes:

@vegetarianzombie Do you have any feedback regarding this? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

I’m not sure - best reach out to the authors on the Core Data forums. I would also run some tests of your own to confirm that it is working as intended.

Hi and thanks. I have an issue when I change the person-placeholder photo for a custom one. Sometimes it is upside down or on the side. Can you tell me why? Thanks.

@bdmoakley Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

I’m not sure why that is happening. It shouldn’t have anything to do with Core Data itself. Try checking adding another imageview and seeing if you are seeing the same result.

I tried many photos and it seems that the app randomly chooses the side of the photo. Please, help to fix that. Thanks.

This may be due to the sample app configuration. I’ll contact the original author and let them know. Thanks