Beginning Core Data · Attribute Types | raywenderlich.com

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/7104-beginning-core-data/lessons/6

If you use the Group Dropdown that I mentioned over on #3 of this series you don’t have to go through the extra step of deleting your old +CoreDataProperties file. Generate the NSManged files in the same place as the existing ones by selecting the correct folder on the Group dropdown and it will overwrite the existing file.

@coreyd303 Thank you for the heads up - much appreciated! :]

Core Data also comes with binary data and is also called as a transformable? (00:47 - 00:49)
That part was so confusing.

Also, I guess date property is now Date instead of NSDate.
@NSManaged public var dob: Date?
This is what I got when I let XCode build my CoreDataProperties file.

@bdmoakley Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Yes, Core Data is a weird one. I’m just getting up to speed with it with SwiftUI. I haven’t tried working with Core Data on Xcode 11 using UIKit so things might have changed since when I last worked on this tutorial.

That said, how’s it going? It’s been sometime since you wrote this - are you feeling comfortable with the framework?

All good now :slight_smile: Blindly went through all videos of beginning core data, by the end I was comfortable using it :slight_smile: Some small changes like entity with type Date which used to be NSDate is now Date, binary data which used to be NSData is now Data… Such minor changes, nothing is broken so I would still consider this tutorial to be upto date :slight_smile:

That’s great to hear - I’m glad you had a good experience. We’re in production of a new course which will cover using Core Data with SwiftUI. It should be an interesting watch. Cheers!

1 Like

Do you know when the course “Core Data with SwiftUI” will be available?

Thanks.

@akashlal @rbrown2003 Please check out the updated version of the course when you get a chance:

https://www.raywenderlich.com/10794954-beginning-core-data

I hope it helps!

1 Like