Are there any RDBMS back end server tutorials that aren't Sever Side Swift?

I’ve been looking around for a good tutorial to make a backend for an iOS app. I’m using Python + PostgreSQL and can’t seem to find anything around here.

@karljay Thanks very much for your question!

You might want to take a look at our Firebase tutorial here, althought that is a NoSQL solution, not an RDBMS solution.

To be fair, building a standard backend for a mobile application (iOS or Android) that uses a RDBMS could easily be done with PhP/MySQL which is quite common. For a server side solution, you’re more than likely trying to build an API of some kind, and if RDBMS is something you’re insisting on, then I would suggest going through this route. If you want something stronger than MySQL, then you can find tutorials that show you how to use other technologies but bear in mind that using some technologies may be overkill for what you’re trying to accomplish. The beauty about building a backend is that it shouldn’t matter if it’s being used for a mobile app or not. The goals of building a good API should be the same, regardless of what from end is consuming it. Technologies like PhP/MySQL, NodeJS/MongoDB despite being lightweight, are quite popular because they are able to handle most use cases, and strong enough to handle large, and complex data. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

All the best!

Thanks! I’ve done the Firebase and Realm for iOS before, I like them. What I’m trying to do with this is to become a “full stack” developer and to do some Big Data AI stuff. I understand that Python is the choice language for Big Data and AI.

In addition, I want to learn about self hosting, I hear you can save quite a bit by hosting your own server.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.