Android TV: Getting Started | raywenderlich.com

Learn how to create your first Android TV app! In this tutorial, you’ll create an Android TV app for viewing RayWenderlich Youtube channel videos!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/20747024-android-tv-getting-started

This tutorial is quite detailed and very helpful. I am fairly new to android TV development. Therefore I still have few doubts.
I tried to install the apk in Firestick and its giving error of 'It won’t run without Google Play Services, which are not supported by your device."
What configurations do I need to do in order to surpass this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Hello, Thank you very much for this tutorial. In your example of DetailSupportFragment, you have used shared element transition using “FullWidthDetailsOverviewSharedElementHelper”. Any idea how this FullWidthDetailsOverviewSharedElementHelper can be used when using Navigation Compoenent (findNavController().navigate) to navigate between fragments.

Thanks.

Hello,
after importing into Android Studio Dolphin | 2021.3.1 Patch 1 the following error is issued:

Migrate Project to Gradle?
This project does not use the Gradle build system. We recommend that you migrate to using the Gradle build system.

Thanks for help!