Alerts stopped working in Chapter six

I got thru chapter 5 ok. Part way thru chapter 6, there was some code that should have shown some alerts when doing a build and run. These didn’t appear, so I went over my code changes and didn’t really see anything. I then created a new 06-dependency-injection-mocks-org, took the code from pg 104, and put it in stepCountController.swift, and built and ran it. No alert displayed.

Help!

Maybe the real question is should I have used the Starter project from Chapter 6 or moved forward with the Chapter 5 code while working on the Chapter 6 pdf?

@mkatz Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

@steveb_la yes, you it is a good idea to start over with the starter. Are there any errors in the console and do all the unit tests pass?

Hi, I encountered the same issue because in the starter project in the storyboard, the alert view is behind the main view

Capture d’écran 2020-04-29 à 12.19.05

@m4m0ut Do you still have issues with this?

No it’s all good !! Thank you

Just ran into this as well. Please fix the material for other users if you didn’t do that yet. I’ve lost some time on this diffing the final materials with my project halfway through the chapter.

I too had some issue with this. Please fix the material.