Your First iOS App | Ray Wenderlich

If you're a complete beginner to iOS development and wondering how to get started, this is the course for you!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/5993-your-first-ios-app

Hi that was great course for the beginner Your First Ios App, i learn so much, thought i wondering if you have tip for how can i save highest score in my Eys bull app?

Iā€™m so glad to hear you learned a lot in this course!

To learn more about Saving Data iOS, Iā€™d recommend this course:

Hi Ray, when I downloaded the project files via the ā€˜download project filesā€™ link, I couldnā€™t find the html file among the files. I have gone into each folder but canā€™t find the file anywhere. Hope you can help.

@turntheairblue

Here you go :slightly_smiling_face: :

Hope thisā€™ the file youā€™re looking for.

Thanks, but to be able to save highest score, do i need to build BullsEye game in SpriteKit? :slight_smile:

No, you can save the higheset score using normal iOS APIs, whether or not you are using SpriteKit for the UI.

OK thanks, but do you recommend any tutorial or course/article for the IOS Apiā€™s?

Yes, I would recommend this course:

https://www.raywenderlich.com/6307-saving-data-in-ios

1 Like

Hi rwenderlich
Thanks brother
I finish this course , what next ?

After this course, I would recommend our course Programming in Swift. If youā€™re ever wondering the order in which to watch our courses, check out our iOS and Swift for Beginners learning path here:

I hope that helps! :]

Hi! I found one problem in tutorial 4.3.

Got a ā€œCould not instantiate class named WKWebView because no class named WKWebView was foundā€ error running the provided code.

Solved by adding the WebKit.framework to the project.

I am using XCode 10.2

Thanks very much for this tutorial. I have also had the same error regarding WKWebView, but solved it in the same way as above, by installing the webkit framework - perhaps this is all part of the learning processā€¦?! Either way, was again good for my own development.

I also had some errors when quitting out of the Simulator, but another trip to google suggested that this was perfectly normal.

Lots and lots to digest, and now that Iā€™ve subscribed for a month and started the next part (Programming in Swift) Iā€™m hoping that some of the misty parts will begin to clear.

See you on the other side! Thanks again.

Iā€™ve studied other Swift tutorials (and Iā€™ve created small apps for personal use) so Iā€™m not brand-new to Swift/iOS. However, I learned things in this first tutorial that I didnā€™t know!

I loved that this tutorial took on many concepts, but was not overwhelming nor too fast.

I look forward to continuing learning from Ray!

Thanks for the kind note, and Iā€™m so happy to hear that you learned some new things even though you already have some experience!

I hope our tutorials continue to be useful for you :]

Awesome course. Love the way how teach everything, english itā€™s not my native lenguage, and even so, was so easy to understand all. Congrats for your work!

@fel_mardones Really glad you like it! Cheers! :]

Hi, thank you so much for this awesome course! By the way, I just finished the part 4 of Swift 4, iOS 12, Xcode 10 version. I have a question about Partial Curl transition. When I click the upper half page on About Author page on the simulator, it just went back to the previous info page although I did not click the close button. It only happened with Partial Curl transition, not Flip Horizontal or default transition. Is it a bug or a feature of Partial Curl transition? Thank you.